Tips For Lip Blush Pre-care
Lip blush is a semi-permanent makeup technique that involves tattooing pigment onto the lips to enhance their shape and color. It's a great option for people who want to add definition and fullness to their lips without the need for daily touch-ups. However, before getting a lip blush procedure, it's important to prepare your lips properly to ensure the best results.
What are tips for lip blush pre-care?
Here are some tips for pre-care before getting a lip blush procedure:
- Avoid any blood thinning medications, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil, or vitamin E, for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid excessive sun or UV exposure to the lips for at least one week before the procedure lip blush.
- Do not wax or thread the lips for at least a week before the procedure.
- Exfoliate your lips the night before the procedure to ensure they are smooth and free of any dead skin cells.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure, as these can cause blood vessels to dilate and increase bleeding during the lip blush procedure.
- Do not wear any lipstick or lip gloss on the day of the procedure.
- Let your technician know if you have any cold sores or any history of cold sores around your mouth, as this can affect the healing process.
It's always best to consult the technician or esthetician who is going to perform the procedure for any other specific recommendations or restrictions for the best lip blush outcome.